Thursday, September 04, 2008

Dog Takes Me for a Walk

 


Each night, there is a part of me that wants to stay home. There is a part of me that does not want to get up and go for a walk. Yet each evening, as I am tempted to be mesmirized by my television set, my dog nuzzles under my feet and pushes them up with his nose. He walks to the door and back, then nuzzles me until I move. When I move, he goes to the door again. Sometimes we think he will settle with just being let outside. Wrong! We leave the back door open, and he still does the same thing. One day he even brought me my shoe. My friend Jake is a pretty smart job.

In getting me to keep walking he is also my accountability partner. Forcing me to exercise. Eager to get me moving.
I would like to say I take my job is to take him for a walk. But maybe it is the other way around
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dog is adorable. You just guilted me into taking mine for a walk. I prefer going alone b/c he tends to trip me with his leash.

David Cho said...

That is one cute dog. Aren't you glad you adopted him?

reliv4life said...

Great way to see things. I have been trying to walk each day...I have been off a week, I better get moving again!

Anonymous said...

You should post his picture on this site too!

http://postyourdog.blogspot.com/

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...