Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Resources for My Preaching Series

The next several weeks until Easter I am doing a study on the Lord's Prayer for myself, and with my congregation through our preaching ministry. The following are the resources I am using. Does anyone know of any other good resources I can use? If so please let me know

Prayer by Karl Barth

The Lord and His Prayer by N.T. Wright

The Christbook by F. Dale Bruner

Tell It Slant by Eugene Peterson

Lord, Teach Us to Pray by Alexander Whyte

Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture: Matthew 1-13 ed. By Manilo Simonetti

Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament ed. By Beale and Carson

Matthew by Stanley Hauerwas

The Soul of Prayer by P.T. Forsyth

Cry for the Kingdom by Stanley Grenz

Whole Prayer by Walter Wangerin

Too Busy Not to Pray by Bill Hybels

The Lord's Prayer and the Christian Life by Will Willimon, Stanley Hauerwas, and Scott Saye


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scot McKnight just posted his top five Matthew commentaries on his blog here: http://blog.beliefnet.com/jesuscreed/2009/02/pastors-bookshelf-matthew.html

Thought you might be interested.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...