Saturday, August 06, 2011

Keystone Beer and Bluegrass Festivals--Beer Reviews








Unfortunately, I cannot remember all the beer I had where. I had a few more reds than I could find online, and some of the beers that the companies served were not on their regular sales list.

I learned a lot about beer and the kinds of beers that I like. With a few exceptions I discovered I like Hefeweizen better than a Pilsner. I also tend to gravitate toward maltier beers as opposed to hoppier ones. I thought I would not like stouts, but I had at least 3 samples of stouts and liked them all. I liked the wheat beers a lot. I like a smooth beer, more than a bitter beer.

I tend to like red beers, ambers, wheats. I hated IPAs, ESBs, and the like. I enjoyed the earthier stouts, and I did not think I would like them. And there were some beers that were just a little to bland for me. The biggest surprise for me were the chili beers, and I liked them A LOT. I like most mexican style beers. Also like the fruitier beer mixes, even though that may lose me respect with more macho beer drinkers.


AC Golden Brewing Company—Handcrafted Amber Lager. All elements from Colorado. Decent but not spectacular
Dillon Dam Brewery-- I had the pilsner. Did not like it very much
Durango Brewing Company--I went back twice for the blueberry wheat ale. It was wonderful!
Pug Ryans-- I had a Helles Bock beer and loved it!
Back Country Brewery --I had the Wheeler Wheat and it was quite tasty
Grand Teton Brewing Co.--I had the Sweetgrass APA. Good stuff.
Tall Grass
--I had an IPA from Tall Grass and I hated it. I am learning I don't like Tall Grass
Crazy Mountain --I had a stout and it was better than average.
TommyKnocker Brewery--I had a Whacker Wheat. It was a nice smooth beer.
Oskar Blues Brewery--I had a pilsner from this fine brewery. And they gave out lots of stickers and toys!
San Luis Valley Brewing CO--I had a scenic rail pale ale and it was delicious. My wife had a kiwi based beer and it was even better. Best beer company in my opinion.
New Belgium --I had the sunshine wheat here. Good, smooth, and basic beer. Nothing spectacular.
Breckenridge Brewery --Agave Wheat Beer here. Yummy stuff.
Palisade Brewery--I drank the Dirty Hippie Beer. It was good, but not great.
Odell Brewing--I had an IPA here. Didn't like it. Thinking I don't like IPAs.
Wynkoop Brewery--Perhaps the best beer of the day was my last. I LOVED the chilie beerthey offered.
Grand Lake Brewing -- This stop had a Milk Stout. Loved it.
Great Divide Brewing -- I had a rice ale here. It was different but yummy.
Del Norte--I sampled bothe the Manana and Orale Mexican style beers. Good stuff.
Bristol Brewing
Boulder Brewing—I had a wicked red beer at Boulder Brewing. It was excellent.
Twisted Pine Brewing Co.—I had Billy’s Chilis Beer. It was quite good

What beers are your favorite? Why?

3 comments:

SnowDotCom said...

We're glad you enjoyed yourself over the weekend at the Keystone Beer and Bluegrass Festival.

Out of all of the beers that you sampled, what was your absolute favorite? The Boulder Brewing company has a great red; I couldn't agree more.

Friar Tuck said...

I would probably say Wykoops chili w/ ancho peppers was my favorite. Had a bite to it. Also liked Pug Ryan's Helles Boch.

Also in my top 10

Durango Blueberry Wheat
Laughing Lab's Scottish Ale
Breckenridge Brewery's Agave Wheat
Both Beers from San Luis Brewery
Grand Lake's milk stout
Grand Teton's Sweet grass APA
Twisted Pine's Billy chileis

MichaelAdney said...

Keystone is a lot of acceptance in North America, one of the best ski resort, offers the longest ski season, some of the snow at the top height of the Rocky Mountains a lot of avant-garde accessories.

dillon co brewery

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...