Thursday, July 28, 2005

Praying in the Park


From the flower garden at Monument Valley Park Posted by Picasa

The other day I was a little frustrated because...well...it seemed like everything was piling up. I decided to head over to the park while I was waiting for an order to be filled from work and pray in the park. The first place I stopped was the flower garden in Monument Valley Park


A different section of Monument Valley Park Posted by Picasa

Then I drove down to another section of the park where there are lots of plants and trees of different types to look at. I saw this gate, and for some reason it spoke to me. I thought it would also make a good picture.


A wishful thought from a post at Monument Park Posted by Picasa

In the middle of this section was this post saying the same thing in four different languages. (Don't ask me what they were!)


At the lake Posted by Picasa

I loved this tree as well. I sat by the lake for a few minutes and talked with God. It is a wonder what a little solitude and silence will do, especially with a camera.

6 comments:

Brea said...

The park is always a nice place to debrief. I hope you are feeling better about things. By the way, great photos!

Don Tate II said...

What a beautiful weeping willow. What a place to pray!

The Gig said...

Wow, beautiful pictures. There is a beautiful lake area here and I spend a lot of time there walking. Also I enjoy what God has in store for me when I'm there, the beautiful nature, the trees,water, the breeze and in the fall, the lovely colors.

I have always wanted to find a beautiful spot in a wilderness in a real attempt to find God and talk with him. Sometimes I pretend to be holding him by his hand and that he is walking with me. Great post!

Anonymous said...

I think you've captured the spirit of the park brilliantly.

Congratulations!

Oricon Ailin said...

I think it is amazing that you have such a beautiful place to go and pray. We used to have a beautiful rose garden here in El Paso, but not anymore.

Beautiful photos, Clint!! God bless!

The Gig said...

Speaking of the lake area where i walk... A guy drowned in that lake yesterday while swimming in it. His friend didn't realize that he had gone under until someone found the body.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...