Sunday, June 25, 2006

U turn

I am just getting home from a week on the road on a service trip in Kansas City and a week about 10-20 miles from Woodland Park at camp.

Now I am thinking....I need a time out to be alone and pray and golf a little.

The thing is, although I have been busy working, because my work has not been in town it has not been all that visible to those in the church.

The question is, to I take long stretches off to rest and recover, as well as to pray and renew my spirit while working the next week?

I think I will. I think I will show up enough to make people happy that see me and to get some paperwork done, but I might just take a few afternoons to go golfing too.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Well hello...fancy seeing you here at blogger...looks like you have been around for a while. I will try to stay tuned for more....

Don Tate II said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brotha Buck said...

Think you'll still make it to Austin? Hey, I'm reading 90 minutes in Heaven. Have you read, what do you think?

rubyslipperlady said...

Excellent choice! Hope it goes as planned.

We so often demand so much of our pastors and forget they are human and need time off to recoup as well.

Golf away, my friend!

FORE!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...