Monday, February 13, 2012

Scenic Pics around Hot Springs, SD

This first picture is overlooking town from the VA Healthcare campus

I made my way to Chataqua park north of town. Here are a few pictures of the park I found. I tried to experiment with different things I could do with the pictures. This first one is a simple black and white. I find that the limitation of color works especially good for winter pictures, when there is very little color on the landscape anyway.



This is in the same park from the other side of the road.


I put my toes in the water at Chataqua park. It was cold. This means, from my deduction, that it is the part of the river south of Evans Plunge that stays so warm. Too bad the plunge is closed for the winter.

Another picture from the same spot, with a different function for the picture. I kind of like this old fashioned looking picture.

Overlooking Chataqua Park. I like being in the middle of the canyon.



The sandstone cliffs here follow the river bed. I wonder what this will look like once their is green grass and leaves on the trees.


This is actually a picture from the cemetery above town. I think the view from up there is just gorgeous.

1 comment:

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

I've never been to that part of the country, it looks beautiful! The sandstone cliffs are impressive, I hope you will post more pictures when things turn green!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...