Thursday, September 14, 2006

The little things

It is the
little
things
that keep me
plodding
when I
do not
think
that
I can

It is
an
unexpected
hug
or smile
and
a kind
word
that slaps me
across
the face
and awakens
me
to
joy
and hope.

It is
the
lyrics
of a
song
that set
my heart
to singing
and melts
my vigilant
resolve
to be
angry

It is
the
wind
in
my face
that
pushes
against
my stubbornness
and despair

And it
is the
surpassing
beauty
of a few good
moments
that
lifts me
from
listlessness
to hope
and from
brokenness
to standing
and being
made anew

4 comments:

David Cho said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Nice! I think I could use some of all that!

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I posted this on your myspace, too, but I love this poem! It's very poignant.

rubyslipperlady said...

I really like this one, thanks for sharing it with us.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...