Thursday, October 16, 2008

Toilet Timeout


I grew up, for most of my growing up years, being the only guy in the house. Up until high school, I had to share a room with my sister. Maybe that is how I got started with indulging my introversion.


But I do not think I am alone. I think many people take toilet timeouts.


You know what I mean. You have to go to the bathroom. You bring a book. You think you will be in there for a few minutes, but the book gets more and more interesting. You stay in the bathroom for a half of an hour until some family member knocks on the door begging to use the restroom. People may think you are having a difficult time, or possibly to much of a good time with yourself. Deep down though, you have found your only refuge for a timeout. An acceptable one that does not look anti-social.


I am at a conference now, and the presentation has gotten dull. So I am sitting in the back of the room, after taking my toilet timeout. And slowly I am watching others do the same thing. Or maybe I am the only one. Am I?

2 comments:

Jason Bowker said...

I never used to be that way, but recently I really enjoy my time in the bathroom, a time away from the rest of the world.

reliv4life said...

Sean and I are reading this together and he says you are not alone - Sean says he loves his toilet time outs!!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...