Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Battle of the Bulge: Modest Forward Movement




Once again a moderate weight loss--2 pounds. This puts me at 49 for the year so far. I am hoping to get to 83 before Easter, and 130 before 4th of July, but I am not sure I am going to make it at the pace I am going.

I am currently at one of my "comfort weights". For many of us there are certain weights that our body tends to gravitate toward, and easily plateau at when we are losing weight. I have always had "comfort weights"....although the weight I had in high school and college was much more comfortable than it is now.

I am hoping I bust through this plateau soon. It will take some work. I would really like to see some more 5 and 10 pound weeks. But, if I don't eat spaghetti the night before a weigh in, well, that might help.

I took a big bag of dog food and carried it around a little. Annette advised it. Her advice was an encouragement when I put it into practice.

My measurements:
Neck--gain .25 inches--total loss is 1.25 inches
Chest loss of 2 inches for 6 inches total in my chest
Belly loss of 1 inch for 5 inches total in my Belly
Thiegh loss of 1 inch for .5 inches total loss
Calf loss of 0 for 2.5 total inches
Arm loss of 0 for 2.5 total inches

I need to exercise my neck more. I want a neck under 20 inches.
Another one of my goals is to fit into some of my old suit coats by Missouri Day.

Another week pushing hard to drop a few.

Take Care

No comments:

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...