Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review of Family Tree Maker 2011


I was so excited to get this product in the mail. I have always had an interest in genealogy, and wanted to know more about my personal history. Unfortunately, this program was so difficult to understand and to install that I will never get a chance to use it.

My computer kept having problems booting the program. I called for help with customer service from the vendor. The customer service department yelled at me, and told me that the program was often incompatable with my version of Windows (Vista), my email account (AOL, which was not installed on the computer), and my antivirus (Norton). None of their troubleshooting explanations were helpful.

Although I think this would be a great program to use, and it seems to have a lot of bells and whistles, it is not user friendly for anyone who does not have a strong programming and troubleshooting background. I would not recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...