Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Parenting Posts: Watching Karis figure things out.

The other day Karis transitioned from yelling in general to yelling at me when I put her to bed. "Daaa", "Daaaa" she screams when she does not want to take her nap. I had to laugh. It is fun to watch her get smarter all the time.

Today I was taking pictures of her with my cell phone. When she got my cell phone from me she opened it and held it to my face like she was taking a picture of me. She has no figured out how to take a picture yet, but she was starting to get the gist of what is going on.

Every day she picks up some new skill and habit. She is beginning to recognize family after they visit on skype.

Last Sunday she was moving around with her walker at church, just like some of our senior members. It was fun to see.

She is also learning to imitate words, and has her own little language that she talks to every one in. Nobody knows what she is saying, but she is saying something!

I think one of the fun things about healthy little kids this age is that you can see discernable progress from week to week and day to day. It literally goes from one day they cannot crawl, and then the next day they can crawl a little, and then they can crawl everywhere.

Who says parenting can't be fun.

1 comment:

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Aw, she is such a doll! I love hearing about how she is doing - she's like Remy's internet cousin or something :)

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...