Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Music Review of Goat Rodeo Sessions


After seeing this ensemble perform on the Colbert Report, I had to go out and buy the CD of the Goat Rodeo Sessions. I have not been disappointed. Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile (of Nickel Creek) and the crew have put together a wonderful album of excellent music.

I like to the Goat Rodeo Sessions it while I am working on something where I need to think. This album works well for this because it is extremely well-played, but not overpowering or overwhelming.

My favorite song on the album is Here and Heaven. Aiofe O'Donovan's voice is exquisite on this track, and blends well with Chris Thile's.

I would recommend this album to everyone, especially folks who love bluegrass or folk.

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...