Monday, April 02, 2012

Changing Time



Over recent years, I have been working hard to slowly change my schedule.

When I was a youth pastor, I was a late to bed and late to rise kind of person. Much of my work was done in the evening. I did not have a social life outside of church. So, I would often go to bed well after midnight, I would get up mid-morning, I would put in another 10 hour day, and then I would start all over again. It worked well for me, and this schedule worked well in my ministerial context.

After I got married and became a solo pastor in a small town, I came to the conclusion that I needed to visibly working by 9am during the week. I would go to bed a little after midnight. This even worked well when our child was an infant. I could stay up and do her midnight feeding, then go to bed, and get up around 8am.

Today, I have a hard time sleeping much past 7am. I still hate mornings, but now I get to work a little after 8 instead of 9. I get a lot of my work done before my family gets home.

Has anyone else out there ever changed their sleeping schedule? What prompted this change?

No comments:

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...