Tuesday, December 28, 2004

More quotes for today

There is nothing that makes us love someone so much as praying for them.--
William Law

The Lord sends no one away empty except for those who are full of themselves--
DL Moody

Lord, make me see thy glory in every place--
Michaelangelo

In commanding us to glorify him, God is inviting us to enjoy Him--
C.S. Lewis

When I get a little money I buy books, and if I have anything left over I buy food and clothes--
Erasmus

If a man cannot be a Christian where he is, he cannot be a Christian anywhere--
Henry Ward Beecher

I have been tortured with the longing to believe...and the yearning grows stronger the more cogent the intellectual differences in my way.--
Dostoyovesky

A comprehended God is no God at all--
Gerhard Tersteogen

Prayer does not fit us for the greater work, it is the greater work--
Oswald Chambers

Remember that when you leave this earth you can take nothing that you have recieved...but only what you have given.
St. Francis of Assisi

Many things I have tried to grasp and have lost. That which I have placed in God's hands I still have--
Martin Luther

There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people.--
Chesterton

There are three stages in the work of God, impossible, difficult, done.--
Hudson Taylor

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future--
16th century poet


No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...