Monday, December 13, 2004

More quotes for today

God never mends, he creates anew--
DL Moody

Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs--
Theodore Roosevelt

Give me men who love nothing but God and who hate nothing but sin--
John Wesley

It doesnt take much of a man to be a Christian...it takes all of him--
Dawson Trotman

Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers, pray for powers equal to your tasks--
Phillip Brooks

Nothing could more surely convince me of God's unending mercy that the continued existence of the church on earth--
Annie Dillard

Before a man can do things, there must be things he will not do.--
Menicus

There is something morally repulsive about modern activistic theories which deny contemplation and recognize nothing but struggle. For them not a single moment has value in itself, but is only a means for what follows.--
Nicolas Berdyaev

True knowledge of God is born out of obeidience.--
John Calvin

All actual life is encounter--
Martin Buber

1 comment:

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I love the Annie Dillard quote...

One could say the same thing about the existence of Christians, technically. I consider myself full of grace, I don't know about anyone else, but man, I am a *sinner*...

I love Annie Dillard anyway.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...