Thursday, July 13, 2006

Racism and ol' Sigmund

When I lived in Montana my final year I had a small group of freshman boys. Some of them were popular. One of them I had to drive home from church everytime he came to youth group. His name was Jim. His parents lived in a trailer. His dad was a trucker. Many would have considered them rednecks.

Thus, when I was driving Jim home one night I almost had to pull over due to uncontrolled laughter when Jim and I had this conversation:

"Clint," Jim said

"What are you thinking?" I answered

"You know after we had this conversation about racism and how it was wrong and all that," Jim relplied (Our teaching for that week corresponded with MLK Jr. day)

"Yes," I answered trying to focus on the winter road in the dark and look out for deer.

"Well...I have this theory....I think racism is stupid...and I think all racism is penis envy." Jim said animatedly.

I didn't really have an answer for him. I was laughing to hard to say a word

7 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

well, kids really do say the darndest things.

Erin said...

LOL! Um... no comment.

feels good b n FREE said...

haha!
very funny...
u think it's true?
stereotypes...they really can b funny.
how many of them are very close to the truth??
more than we like to think probably.

The Gig said...

Basically, kids are cute, and what makes it that way because when they say the darnest things, they are so innoocent, plus they don't realize the impact of what they are saying; they just tell the truth.

Anonymous said...

Well Said!!!!!!!!

Oricon Ailin said...

LOL!! Good one!

I'll have to remember that comment for the future. heheh

San Nakji said...

I would love it be that simple, I am glad it is for kids!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...