Friday, December 31, 2010

What Have I Read this Year?

Dennis Bickers, in his blog on ministry, has wrote a convicting post about how we as pastors often do not read enough. It made me want to check on what I have read this year. So I am going to try and list what I have read below and think about how I have done with my work-related reading and my reading in general. I am going to do this a little at a time



1. The Male Factor by Shaunti Feldhahn (Partial Read, Partial Skim)



2. Transforming the Small Church by Shannon O'Dell



3. The Strategically Small Church by Brandon O'Brien



4. Lead Like Ike (Partial Read, Partial Skim)



5. The Journey Home (Fiction)



6. Dig Deeper:Tools for Understanding God's Word


7. Chosen (Story of Esther)


8. It had to be you (Fiction)


9. Doctor Jesus


10. They Almost Always Come Home (Fiction)


11. Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise (Fiction)


12. Plan B by Pete Wilson


13. Heading for Heaven (sermon collection from a puritan preacher)


14. What Happened to My Life--about women's issues in middle age


15. Churched (spiritual autobiography)


16. Imaginary Jesus (Fiction)


17. Suprised by Hope (Reflection on the Biblical Book of Jonah)


18. The Sacred Journey (On Spiritual Discipline of Pilgrimage)


19. What Your Son Isn't Telling You (Focus on the Family book)


20. 66 Love Letters (Partial Read and Partial Skim)--on Bible as love letter


21. Crazy Love by Francis Chan


22. How to Build a Life-Changing Men's Ministry


23. The Shark and the Goldfish (Business Management Parable Book)


24. Tithing (Part of Ancient Spritual Disciplines Series)


25. The Liturgical Year (Part of the Ancient Spiritual Disciplines Series)


26. The Emotionally Healthy Church


27. Gilead (Fiction about a Pastor's Life)


28. God's Prayer Book (On the Psalms)


29. Seeds of Turmoil by Bryant Wright


30. Understanding the Koran by Marteen Elaas


31. Clouds Roll Away by Sibella Giorello



ok...there might be more...I will see....


See the sidebar for other books I am working my way through

2 comments:

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I really did enjoy Gilead, the second time through. :-)

rubyslipperlady said...

I love keeping track of what I've read. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and helps me reflect on what's gone on the past year.

Love that you read some fiction. I have read a fair amount of non-fiction, or at least it feels that way. maybe I should check my list. :)

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...