Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Steps in the New Year

Generally, I have tried to avoid placing personal goals and aspirations on this blog. The thought process behind this decision being that although I would welcome some accountability through this blog, I generally do not like self-appointed accountability partners. And there is always that one person who decides to bring up my goals and be my self appointed mentor. Or there is that one person completely invested in my success when I set goals that then gets depressed when I do not accomplish all that I hope to.

Right now, I have decided that these reasons are not good enough reasons not to share some of my goals. Even if by sharing them I am exposed as a failure and a loser in the next few months, I think I am going to use this blog as a place to talk about some of my goals and aspirations for 2011 and beyond.

Tonight I am finishing off some soda and pizza, and that is because Jennifer and I are beginning a 3 month trial membership to weight watchers, and I need my last fix before I have to get on the wagon. My goal is to drop 8 lbs a month until I meet my long term goals. I have never done weight watchers. While Jennifer is going to meetings, I am doing my stuff online at home. We will see how it works. We have also set up our 15 commandments of our diet that we are planning on sticking to.

Tomorrow: some learning and study goals

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...