Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Week 2 Curse



I have went through two weeks of weigh ins in working through our weight watchers journey.

I was stoked after my first weigh in.I had not weighed since October, which i used as my baseline. Since I ate nothing but unhealthy food the two and a half weeks before the diet I thought I might even gain weight. I was wrong. I was down 19 pounds.

This last week was a bit more discouraging. Went to weigh in hoping that my momentum would continue. I gained one pound. Both weeks I stuck to the diet. There were a few differences. I had a soda on Sunday last week. I had soda the week before, but on Saturday instead. But would that account for weight gain when I have been staying within my budget of food points? I don't know.

What I do know is that when I work hard to manage my diet and exercise more, and then I gain weight, then I feel discouraged. But, I have committed to this process with Weight Watchers for three months. We will see how next week goes.

2 comments:

Pastor Shawn said...

Just remember that muscle weighs more then fat. So if you have been exercising it stands to reason that you have picked up some muscle tone.

Kim said...

Hang in there, Clint! I'm rooting for you!!!

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...