Thursday, August 16, 2007

Green Lake Trip

At the end of July, I went on my summer trip with the teenagers in our church again. We went to Green Lake, WI via Minneapolis for the Quest Leadership Program, and we had a lot of fun. The kids were really easy to work with this year, which was really nice considering everything else that has happened at First Baptist. Here we are as we arrived at the Green Lake Camp and Conference Center in Green Lake, WI.



The program had us in small groups in the morning after worship. The kids had workshops in the afternoon, and then everyone had free time for about 2-3 hours in the afternoon. Here are a few of the kids swimming:




Here is a morning worship service after our prarie prayer walk:



Each evening we would have a worship time as well. The last evening we had worship around a campfire, as is traditional for church camps. Here I am with the girls that were on the trip:



In the coming days I will be adding some journal entries that I wrote during the week.

7 comments:

David Cho said...

Are there boys in your group?

San Nakji said...

That sounds like a long trip... Is it far from where you live? (I am assuming that topless person in the water is a boy... @david)

SUPER said...

Clint, this looks like you guys had a blast! I do miss taking the youth group on trips...even though it was sometimes quite stressful! ha

Oricon Ailin said...

First of all, the pics are great! I looks like a beautiful area.

I sure sounds like you had a wonderful time. I hope that each of you had a relaxing and spiritually refreshing trip!

'neice said...

Looks like and awesome trip! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Ugh...I am still not feeling human but the post was a way of talking about without way too much TMI!

eija said...

Sounds like a fun trip...
And it's always a joy when you stop by my place :)

Brotha Buck said...

Friar, so sorry I haven't been around in awhile. You last comments at my blog made so much sense, I had to drop by.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...