Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Morning Update

the weekend that was:
On Saturday we cleaned up the house a little bit and I worked on stuff for Sunday morning. On Sunday we did church in the morning. Then, after church, we went to eat Chinese in my new favorite Chinese restaurant in Rocky Ford. Sunday night we drove in and watched the Star Trek movie in Pueblo. It was an entertaining movie, but left me a little disappointed on some fronts.

on my to-do list this week:
Baccalaureate Service
Denominational Meeting on Missions
Make progress on getting the cross hung up--delegate responsibility
Weed the back yard

procrastinating about:
Getting cards and gifts in the mail

book i’m in the midst of:
Surprised by Hope by NT Wright
Intentional Ministry in a Not So Mega Church: Becoming a Missional Community by Dennis Bickers
Why Men Not Hate Going to Church by David Monroe

music that seemed to catch my attention this past week:
Acoustic Cafe by Phil Keaggy. This is a an album by a Christian artist, who also happens to be one of the best guitarists of the 20th century, doing covers from everything from the Beattles to a Cindy Lauper tune. Fun, smart good stuff.

good news of last week:
credit rating continued to get better. I am on track to getting Jennifer and I where I want us to be a year from now.
Got through all of the goofy stuff from last week.

bad news of last week:
We can't buy a house and rent it and get the Obama home buying stimulus. Darn it.
Attendance at church was a little disappointing on Sunday.

how i’m feeling about this week:
I am dreading it. I feel like a need a week of doing nothing, and I am probably not going to get a day off. Darn it. May is so crazy for me. I don't know why.

1 comment:

Momma Bear said...

You mentioned Baccalaureate; are you graduating? You are quite busy. Hope you can still buy a house.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...