Thursday, July 09, 2009

Top 6 reasons I think I have a book buying addiction

1. I feel down when I don't have an order from Amazon coming in the mail.

2. I continue to buy new books even when I have not read the old ones.

3. I shop for books alone.

4. I put together a budget with expenses each month. I do not include book buying
expenses because I am ashamed.

5. When I think of winning the lottery, one of the first things I would do is buy
book on my wish list.

6. I don't just like to read books. When I am in the store I touch them, smell them,
caress them. Ocassionally I make noises. My wife gets jealous.

3 comments:

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I think you've also just pinpointed my problem... my plethora of book-related posts lately can speak for that, too.

I feel the need, the need to read...

Gossip Cowgirl said...

If you're doing a Top Ten Ways You Know You have a book addiction, here are my additions:

#7. When you walk into a huge, ornate house, you don't feel envy until you hit the library.

#8. You would consider living in the library if you were homeless, because then all those books would be *yours*.

#9. When borrowing a book from someone, you have considered changing the "this book belongs to" sticker to your own.

#10. You actually own "this book belongs to" stickers.

rubyslipperlady said...

This is just one of the reasons I love ya. That you love books and that you know you have a problem with them. However, whenever I read about your books it adds to my problem and I want to run out and buy them all. It was easier to resist that temptation when I was living in Kenya. We have a new bookstore in town. I have already bought half-doz books (they have used, too) and taken in about a doz for resale. This could be a bad development in L-town for Amy.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...