Friday, February 23, 2018

Returning to what strengthens me

It has been a while since I really invested myself in the discipline of blogging. Too long.

There were several reasons that I began this blog over 13 years ago. One was that I had a bunch of thoughts and ideas that would creep in my head, and then make their way out from my conscious memory. I needed a place to journal insights, thoughts, and such.

Another was that I wanted to write. Ever since I was little I have wanted to write. I have dreamed of publishing something for decades. Although I had some minor forays into published writing, this blog has been the venue where I have done the most work in this regard. As I wrote before, I saw that my communication skills and my writing skills both improved. Now, after not writing for a while, I feel they have atrophied a bit.

So, I am going to start this blogging journey again. It is a different world that in was back in 2004, but I think I still have a lot to say.

Please join me, visit with me, and help refine me as a writer, communicator, pastor and leader.




No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...