1. I saw Newt Gingrich (who I think will be a presidential candidate in 2008)on TV the other night. He shared that he thought Clinton and Bush had different ideas about what terror was and how it should be dealt with. President Clinton saw terrorism as crime, and Bush saw terrorism as warfare. I think Newt may be on to something there. Very interesting perspective.
2. I looked through Ray Kurzweil's book "Singularity is Near." A very interesting book. So far, from my read through, it seems he is combining his observations for the direction of humanity in "The Age of Spiritual Machines" with the outgrowth of technology being some sort of technologically driven eugenic reality for most of humanity. To be honest, a lot of what he says scares me. But I want to learn more.
3. I think it is possible the Monday Night Football game in New Orleans was thrown. Do you?
4. I am growing to really dislike Shania Twain. Even though some of her videos are better than watching women on trampolines on the Man Show, she is slowly but surely getting on my nerves. Carrie Underwood is a close second from country music circles.
5. I am secure enough in my masculenity to admit that I love John Mayer's new album Continuum, even though I still think most of his music is too girly for me.