Thursday, May 10, 2007

Anniversary


For those of you who have been longtime subscribers of this blog, perhaps you have noticed my lack of bemoaning my single state the last year or so. You may have also noticed my waning regularity for posting blogs. There is a reason for that. Jen (jecaad in the comments under the last post) and I had our first date on May 12, 2006. That makes this Saturday the one year anniversary of our first date. My life has been much fuller, and much more joyful in the last year, despite many of the same problems in other parts of my life. One year is my longest term relationship


For those of you who dont know anything about her, she has a poetry/photo blog in my blogroll, where she combines her poetry with her beautiful pictures to make some wonderful art.


During the last year she has had to endure my indecisiveness, my heightened sense of drama (I call that "flare"), my fumbling attempts at communicating, and has somehow decided that I am still a little bit interesting. In the process I have grown a lot, and become completely smitten.




11 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ahhhh! Congratulations on a year of dating! A year is a big milestone.

jecaad said...

There is no doubt that the last year has been my best yet! Full of laughter, joy and your amazing spirit. ;)

Erin said...

Congratulations, Tuck.
You beat my record by... oh, 8 months, give or take lol!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, to both of you! May the next year be better still...

David Cho said...

Awwww...

Dreaming again said...

What a GREAT picture!!!

You both look so happy, both look a bit smitten! You remind me of Thumper in Bambi ... a bit "Twitterpated!"
:)

Anonymous said...

smitten is good :)

Aphra said...

That is a great picture. You guys seem to radiate happiness:)

gracie said...

T & J.. here's to say... may there be more joy and years... you are great together, whatever the weather, live love through smiles and tears

Anonymous said...

Congrats! 1 year is no small thing!

Drea Inspired said...

I'm so happy for you! You guys look so cute together. I'm not just saying that...you really do.

And I understand all about not having time to post, but when your life gets to be too busy to blog, you find yourself not really missing blog land.

It's nice to be busy living life.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...