Saturday, March 21, 2009

I am picky about my veggies


I told my wife some good guidelines to what vegetables i will or will not eat:

1. I do not eat veggies that starts with an a. No asparagus, avacado, alphalpha sprouts, or artichokes.

2. I do not eat veggies with solid flowers. No califlower or brocolli.

3. Nothing in the squash family.

4. I like peppers. The more color the better.

5. I like most foods on a relish tray, except what is mentioned above.

6. I will eat tomatoes, but only if diced and mixed in with something good, like cilantro, salsa, and pizza.

7. I love green beans when mixed with fatty meats, such as sausage and bacon.

8. I like fresh green beans and snow peas.

9. I live Olive Garden salad, but do not like most other lettuce arrangements. I will eat some other dinner salads. But I will not enjoy them.

10. I can tolerate corn on the cob.

11. I prefer not to eat veggies from a can. Too mushy. I had a friend in Montana (Debbie Hansen) that made veggies with seasoning and only cooked fresh veggies. I ate them up like french fries.

12. I especially liek veggies in stir fry. I dont really like any food boiled besides pasta.

13. Do not try and sneak veggies into something that is already a good meal. Peas in tuna casserole? It wont fly! Try and sneak corn into hamburger helper? No thank you. Better to put them on the side and I will eat them while plugging my nose

14. Nothing in the fungus family.

15. All of this does not I will not eat veggies (except rules #1-3 AND #14), it just means it will not be something I enjoy.

6 comments:

reliv4life said...

this is cracking me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Reallllly????????????

Gretchen said...

Oh boy! Jen has her work cut out for her! =0)

Kim said...

When we got married I told my non-veggie eating husband that it was My responsibility to prepare the veggies, and HIS responsibility eat them.
When hubby was 39, his father still thought it was HIS job to tell hubby to eat his veggies! Great parenting over here!

rubyslipperlady said...

um, an avocado is a fruit.

rubyslipperlady said...

I've found that I love veggies and my tastes change as I grow. I appreciate a lot more than I used to. Although I don't think okra will ever be a good idea. Ever.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...