Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jake's foot fetish

 


This is our dog Jake. This morning, I brought him with me into my office to work. As you might be able to notice, he is a little high strung. He likes a lot of attention, and tends to act out passive-agressively if his attention needs are not met. In other words, he is a little bit spoiled.

Right now, after getting pretty wound up exploring the office, he has laid down. And he has looked at me and sighed a few times.

Our dog has a foot fetish. That is part of the reason I brought him over to my office today. Once again, I went to the back yard after running an errand, and I discovered that my shoe was in the middle of the yard. My wife has lost two slippers so far due to this foot fixation. If we get our shoes in the proper place, Jake does not bother them. But if they are anywhere in the middle of the floor, or not with the other shoes, he grabs the shoes and takes them outside.

Most of the time, he does not bury my shoes. He lays on them. Just like he lays on my feet when I am home. Does anyone else out there have a dog that is obscessed with feet? How do you deal with it?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

larkswing said...

Ahh Jake! They had a report this morning on the increase of pets going to work with their owners! funny!

Our dog is also very needy at times. I would play with her with my foot when I had tennis shoes on - and only one pair. That is the only time she would chase my feet and we would play. That was until the day the neighbor lady came over and had on white tennis shoes! I had to stop playing with her like that. I let her play with my feet in the house. I don't know why, but she only does it with mine, somehow she knows hubby would not appreciate it and it is a no-no. Not sure how we established that - I think she just knew!

So to end a long comment - I have no idea how you could break him other than popping him with a rolled up newspaper - while showing him the shoe. But that might be y'alls style.

:)

Heidi said...

Our big dog, Barley, used to walk by and purposely stomp on our feet. An 80 pound dog, it kind of hurt. We think he did it to show dominance, so we started stomping back. We finally broke the his habit and now only does it to new male house guests.

I guess that really doesn't help you unless you want to try chewing on his feet.

Friar Tuck said...

@ lmerie--Jake does this to both my foot and my wife's feet. It is really gross when he starts licking our feet.

@Heidi--Jake is 96 pounds.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...