Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jamey Johnson: That Lonesome Song


I was sitting at home yesterday watching television. I got tired of the news, so I switched the channel to CMT. And they had a duet between Shooter Jennings and Jamey Johnson as one of the videos. The song was, "Between Jennings and Jones". I loved it, so I did a little research. That research led me to buy the album you see above.


I was familiar with Jamey Johnson's radio play, and was neither turned off nor impressed. However, the radio play is much different from his albums as a whole. For instance, on this album the only radio release has been "In Color". Good song, but just kind of there. If you listen to the album what you get is old school outlaw country. Jamey Johnson sounds eerily similar to Waylon Jennings actually.

If you liked the 70s country with Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, and Kris Kristopherson and the like, you need to time to listen to this fine album.
This song is a little rough around the edges, but I like it:

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...