Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Makes me miss being up north

I saw this picture of Senator Murkowski online today. She won the fishing tournament designed as a fundraiser to support fishing habitat preservation and development on the Kenai River. My first guess is that this was either taken at the college fishing hole or one of the two off the main drag in town. Surprisingly no democratic senators participated in this environmental fundraiser. The fundraiser collected $800,000 for protecting fish habitat on the Kenai.

I think this pic from the looks of things was taken somewhere in Soldotna...whcere my mom teaches school and my uncle is the city engineer. Actually, my uncle has done some stuff for habitat protection while supporting sportfishing acessability. In recognition of this they named his favorite fishing hole "Bonebrake Boardwalk" after him. or maybe he named it himself, but I dont think so.

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...