Friday, April 04, 2008

Sleep


For some reason, this week I have been extra sleepy. It is making me a little frustrated until I thought a little bit about the last week and the last three months. Most of you know I am a late night person, but I have been going to bed before midnight a lot lately No Hardball with Chris Matthews :( After thinking about this...I started to wonder why I might be a little more eager to get some sleep.
I started taking inventory of my life.

In the last week
My last full day off was almost two weeks ago.

I did a full week of work at church, then candidated at a church on the weekend on top of it.

I have had to let several people know I am leaving, and deal with each of their issues on top of my own.

I have a major fundraiser for Colorado Springs coming up this weekend.


In the last three months I have

Gotten married

Went on a honeymoon

Began married life

moved into a new home

made a job change

had 3 job interviews and 1 more informal interview

had a major car repair

had to buy a new computer

lost my cpap on a job interview

went without my CPAP for a week and a half

did not get the CPAP working right for nearly another month

Had cold/flu that kind of lingered on for a while


So after thinking about that....I am not complaining...but thinking maybe it is ok if I need some rest.

4 comments:

reliv4life said...

that is right, friar!! the key to restoration is REST!! We would all be healthier if we pushed less and listened to our bodies more!! so, go take a nap!

Steve said...

Ha! I knew that was a job interview when you lost your CPAP.lol I mean, who goes to California on a "day off"? Also, even if you were complaining that would be alright once in a while.

Ivan Wolfe said...

Let me put it this way:

When you exercise, your body doesn't improve when it's active. It improves during the rest period. You have to keep active in order to get better, but if you're active all the time, your body will actually deteriorate.

Same with the mind. It's the rest that allows you to do better next time.

So get some rest already!

Heather said...

Yes, rest is a GOOD thing! I can understand where you are coming from. It never seems that there is enough time in the day to do all the things that MUST be done, let alone the things you just WANT to do. Does that make sense?

Let your body rest. Your lovely wife does NOT need you in the hospital. *HUGS*

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...