Saturday, November 01, 2008

Learning Experience

I went to the Obama rally in Pueblo this evening. I am not a big fan of crowds, but my wife is a lifelong democrat. So, we decided to do the rally for our monthiversary.

She had been to rallies with Bill Clinton. She knew what she was getting into. I went to a Reagan rally in 1984, and I also went to a press event as a local representative of my school newspaper when Joan Mondale came to town, and even asked a question that she addressed. Those were a long time ago and quite different.

It required us to be on our feet for about 5 hours. In the 80+ degree sun (in November). Jen's best friend came, and we all had a good time. The politics was the same fare as you sould see on TV. The adventure for me was the crowd and being there. Especially as someone who has always been registered as a Republican.

Here are some of the pictures. The first set of pictures were all of t-shirts, which I thought was fun!

No comments:

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...