Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Biography in Music: Early Childhood through Preschool



One of my earliest memories is listening to Linda Ronstadt on 8-track in my mother's car. I also remember the hymn "He's got the Whole World In His Hands" playing a lot on my mother's radio. As I researched this music on Itunes, and began to play the samples, I have in my mind's eye this mental picture of us in the back of our station wagon singing "You're No Good...You're No Good...You're No Good!, Baby You're No Good" (Heart Like a Wheel Album, released 1974).

Most of what I remember my dad listening to at that time was country music. Especially the early "outlaw country" crowd of Willie, Waylon and the gang.

When my parents were married, we had family friends that we spent a lot of time with. Most of their activities were wrapped around river rafting, or the women shopping with the kids while the men went fishing. In addition to this, there were many memorable barbeques at friends' houses when we were young. At one point, all of our families were living out in different parts of the country around Roseburg, Oregon. Again, during those gatherings, I also remember a lot of outlaw country

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...