Monday, October 12, 2009

The week that was

The weekend that was:
On Saturday, I slept in a little bit. Then I worked on reading through our book club book. Our book club book was Leaper: Adventures of a not-so necessarily superhero. It was good. I liked it better than most of the Christian lit I run into. The plot was not extraordinary, but he describes people I might have run into before. Especially in downtown Colorado Springs, or an employee of Barnes and Noble somewhere.


On my to-do list this week:
Powerpoint presentation for regional gathering about the Backyard Mission Project (My little part anyway).

Figure out my next book study for Wednesday Night Bible Study. Student suggestions were Proverbs and Hebrews.

Clean bathrooms.

Prepare for visiting missionaries


Procrastinating about:
Getting all of my thank you notes and birthday cards written and sent

Fixing the windows in the house so that they shut completely


Books I'm in the midst of:
A Milliom Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller--A brilliant book about a group of people who come to write a movie about his life, and end up editing his life in order to make it watchable. (I think the Steve in the book is Steve Taylor)

Scouting the Divine by Margaret Feinberg--I love this book because it helps me understand the Bible in a deeper way, and doesn't make me feel dumb for not understanding things as well beforehand.


Music that seemed to catch my attention this week:
I'm Alive--(Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews)--interesting song and interesting combination.


Good news from last week:
I finished three books, two of which I had been working through for a long time. I had a couple of good visits with seniors from our church, which was a blessing. Book club went well. Was a fun week for Jennifer and I. Had a nice phone conversation with my sister.


Bad news from last week:
Attendance was down at church. After running well for a couple of months before October this was discouraging. Darn hunting season! Also had some hits on a personal level.


How I am feeling about this week:

It will be very busy, but I am feeling good about it.

1 comment:

larkswing said...

:)

Ummm, on that window closing all the way part - might want to hurry, isn't snowing in your area? hehe

Will have to check out those books you mentioned!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...