Monday, March 21, 2011

Battle of the Bulge: New Normal.



I have now lost 52 pounds. I lost 2 pounds this week. One pound the week before. Two pounds the week before that. It seems I am settling into a two pound a week weight loss.

There are many reasons this is good news. I am consistently losing weight. I am losing weight in a managable manner. What I am doing is working, and it seems managable. I suppose it is ok.

I know if I got the exercise piece together I would be doing better. But, right now I feel like going to the gym is too much of a hassle to drive 45 minutes each way, and walking or running is simply something I dread. I know I can do better. I am planning on stepping up. But I have not yet.

I want change to happen fast. This is because I want to be done with the whole process, because I am eager to see quicker change, and because frankly I want to do things bigger, better, and faster than everyone else. So there is a disappointment in me that things are not happening faster for me. Like they did when I started this journey.

I will continue to plug on, and then try and improve my game step by step as I go.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! Yay you! I know you want to see results faster, but from everything I've read (and trust me... if you could lose weight from reading about it I'd be a featherweight!), you're doing it exactly the right way for permanent loss. Wooot!

Kim said...

Good job, Clint! And, spring WILL come, they tell me! A turn around the neighborhood may be more attractive in a bit! Keep up the great work!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...