Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Battle of the Bulge: A Correction and A Confession

I went to weigh in again last week. I thought I had lost 3 pounds. I have a correction. I lost 5 pounds. There is an easy explanation to this, but it will include a confession.

The truth is I weighed two months before I started the diet. I then subtracted two pounds for my starting weight because I like round numbers, and because I did not want to admit that I weighed more than my starting weight. So my starting weight was not exact. When I count the amount of weight I have lost since my highest weight. That means I lost 5 pounds, for a total of 44 pounds in 7 weeks. I would really like to lose 6 next week, and then I would be at 50 in two months.

I am worried about a plateu coming soon. But so far, I am doing an adequate job of slow and steady weight loss.

No comments:

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...