Monday, February 07, 2011

Battle of the Bulge


My mother in law was correct in her comment. This is the picture of the battle of the bulge. I will give you a choice of books next time we visit Kris, and will get your book out in the mail to you.
This week I lost two pounds. Now there are two ways to look at this. I could say I had a bad week because other weeks I have lost a lot more weight. Or, I could say that losing two pounds is still progress and be happy that I am still making progress. I choose the later over the former as an attitude this week.
I have lost a total of 35 pounds in one month and two days. That is not bad progress. Do I wish it would work faster? Yes I do. Will that happen? Maybe yes, maybe no. As long as I am making progress toward my short term goal (8 lbs a month) and my long term goals (which include a number of things including a couple of different weight goals), then I will keep my chin up.
I still need to push harder toward my exercise goals, and that will accelerate some more loss. As will working harder not to save up as much food for the supper meal, but eat more evenly through the day. And, while I have gotten my Ruby Red/Code Red addiction under control, I have not sworn either off completely.

No comments:

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...