Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Ranking the presidents



Right now I am watching a documentary on television on Ronald Reagan. Reagan would have been 100 this month if he was still alive. I have also seen suggestions/artistic renditions that would place Reagan on the Mount Rushmore monument.

This has gotten me to thinking a little bit. First, I don't think Rushmore is rendition of our four best presidents as it is. Usually Washington and Lincoln are rated in the top4. They deserve it. I think if Theodore Roosevelt was not on the Mount, he would not even show up in the top 10. And Jefferson's presidency is in my top 10, because of westward expansion alone. The rest of his presidency is mediocre.

My top 5 presidents are:

1. Abraham Lincoln--saved the union during the civil war

2. George Washington--saved the country from falling apart before it started

3. Franklin Roosevelt--saved the country during the great depression

4. Ronald Reagan--defeated communism

5. Lyndon Johnson--defeated segregation, promoted civil rights

Quite an ecclectic bunch.

Who are your top 5

No comments:

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...