Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My Recent Itunes downloads

RAP
Just a Friend--Biz Markee

This song reminds me of high school. Plus Biz is so off key I laugh every time

Top 40ish
If I had $1,000,000--Barenaked Ladies

Another happy, funny song

Soul
A Change is Gonna Come--Sam Cooke

I fell in love with this song when I was watching ALI.

Classic Rock

Paint It, Black--Rolling Stones

I have loved this song since I heard it as an intro to a TV show about Vietnam.

Blues (kind of)

When Love Comes to Town--BB King and U2

One of my fave songs. Play this when I need to focus and clear my mind.

Drinking Songs (Country)

Its Five O'Clock Somewhere--Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett

Its Hard to Be Humble--Mac Davis

Alcohol--Brad Paisley

All of these are fun, upbeat, playful country songs. The first two are a few years old, while the last one is new. The Mac Davis song brings back memories of hanging out at the pizza parlor as a young kid after Mom's softball games. When they would sing that song most of the time they got together after a game, especially when they won.

Fighting Songs (Alternative)

Alive--Pearl Jam

Rooster--Alice in Chains

10 comments:

SUPER said...

I LOVE that Mac Davis song. I used to always try and get someone to sing it karaoke, but none of em knew it! WHAT? It's WAY too low for me to sing...but it's a keeper!

Brotha Buck said...

I just got a bit of extra cash today, and guess where I'm going!? Itunes!

Brea said...

I don't think I'll have a problem spending my itunes gift certificate ;) Thanks for posting this - great timing!

rubyslipperlady said...

OK, Biz Markee? Hilarious! OH BABY YOUUUUU!

I just hear the BL version of $million last night. I do believe that Simon and Garfunkle did it first, back in the day. It's a keeper though and appropriately timed with the bazillion dollar lottery out there.

Now, Mac Davis is more than a few years old. I LOVE THIS SONG! Ah, country. It's where it's at! And you can never go wrong with, as Ruby would say, Brady-Brad-Brad.

rubyslipperlady said...

OK, so maybe S&G didn't do the BL song, but I swear that they did, just can't find it anywhere. hmmmm, maybe it's the voices in my head again?

SUPER said...

my favorite line of the biz song is, "So I took Blah-Blah's word for it at the time. I thought that just havin' a friend couldn't be no crime- cuz I have friends and that's a fact, like Agnes, Agatha, Jermaine and Jack!"
Yes..I know the whole song..as well as Ice Ice Baby, Too Legit to Quit, Baby got Back, and Shoop! I love early rap. It's too funny!

Say "Go white girl! Go white girl! GO!"

rubyslipperlady said...

You are a freak and we are no longer related.

Friar Tuck said...

i have a self made cd that has

Ice Ice Baby
Bust a Move
Baby Got Back
Cant Touch This

as well as
2Pac
Notorious BIG
Coolio (1234)
Tone Loc
Heavy D
and Run DMC

SUPER said...

Another stellar one I recently found again and you should definitely add to your collection..

Young MC's- Principal's Office.

Technically, if we're gonna be all sentimental about cheesy old rap...you can't go wrong with Will Smith's-Paren'ts just don't understand!

SUPER said...

oh yes..and Baby got back was a college friend (also names Sarah) and I's theme song one summer.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...