Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nourishment








I found a good book that is really challenging me to slow down and focus my thoughts and my life a little bit. It is called "Deep-Rooted in Christ"



My favorite quote so far, "Life's problems begin with our root system. Before we notice them, we may be very sick indeed." (32).


And Chapter 5 is an excellent devotion on the difference between spiritual disciplines and spiritual experiences, and why spiritual discipline is preferable to spiritual experiences, if you must choose one over the other.


The book is written by a Korean-American immigrant pastoring the Oriental Mission Church in Los Angeles, CA.
Good stuff.



Buy it through the sidebar on Amazon and I get a kickback!

3 comments:

reliv4life said...

Hey Tuck! I am such a bad friend! I wanted to come to your wedding SO much, but it didn't work out. How are you? I owe you a big gift!! Are you still registerd anywhere or what did you guys need that you didn't get? HOW IS MARRIED LIFE?? Thanks for being the first visitor to my blog! Reag took the pic this morning, we were standing in the dentist office waiting on Lizzie!

reliv4life said...

Hey, I just went back thru your blog and saw the honeymoon and Wedding pics...WOW!! Words can inadequate at my joy for you guys!! You looked great and Jen is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVED the red!!

rubyslipperlady said...

dang you for getting me sucked into more books! I have piles here that i need to read, some sooner rather than later (and they aren't all fiction - I'm growing).

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...