Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Book Review of Deeper Into the Word by Keri Wyatt Kent: Reflections on 100 Words from the New Testament



I have always enjoyed word studies. I think this is because so often, especially in the Biblical languages, when you do a word study, you get a word picture that helps you understand the word even better. It might also be because with Scripture, words are so important, and can so easily be twisted by twisting them or taking them out of context. Thank goodness I now have the book DEEPER INTO THE WORD on my bookshelf.

Keri Wyatt Kent is the author of DEEPER INTO THE WORD. DEEPER INTO THE WORD puts together reflections on 100 words from the New Testament. Mrs. Kent combines good scholarship about each word she chooses with personal thoughts on how that particular word challenges her or may challenge you. It is really a well-written, thoughtful, and fun book to have on my shelf.

I have been using DEEPER INTO THE WORD as more of a reference tool. I look up a word here or a word there, especially when I am a little stumped about something, or am interested in learning a little bit more about a topic. This book could very easily be a reference source, but it could also be a devotional that increases someone's knowledge of Scripture. I recommend it highly.

1 comment:

Keri Wyatt Kent said...

Friar Tuck, thanks for the great review, and for posting it on amazon as well!
And keep fighting the good fight as you continue working on becoming more fit.
God bless!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...