Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mattea's Birth Story Part 3

When my wife left the delivery room for the surgical room she looked at me in the eye, grabbed my hand, and said, "Don't leave Mattea until after I get back from surgery".

I said, "What do you think I am going to do?"

"I know, but I just want you to know...."

Then they wheeled her off.

So, when I was in the emergency room, and I had been given an assesment of the situation, I decided to stay with the baby. The nurses invited me to go to post-op to see Jennifer. I told them I had made a promise to be with my daughter until she arrived in the nursery or the child was taken to the room.

After a while Jennifer arrived in the NICU. I went to see her after she went in her room. Then I went back to check on the baby. At that point the oxygen issues had resolved themselves, and I was allowed to hold my girl. I sang songs of faith in her ear, so that he first words from her father would be words of faith.

Here are a few pictures:



I then went back and visited Jennifer in her post-partum room


It was 1am at this point, and I needed to find a place to sleep. I was concerned about our family finances, so I went to the Budget Hotel. This was a big mistake. A guy followed me around at the hotel in the middle of the night saying, "You aren't from around here, are you." The room was suspect as well, as the piping was rusted, the tiles would jiggle when you walked on them, and the curtains were moth riden.





It was a residential hotel for many I think. I slept on top of the sheets, told myself I made a bad decision, and fell asleep for 4/5 hours before I headed back to the hospital.

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...