Sunday, June 05, 2005

Escaping Family Values and never fitting in

I got in trouble today. The new youth pastor at the church I used to attend gave a sermon on family values. Very informational.

In the message he mentioned something about the evils of the Simpsons, which I happen to love. In fact, I have a key chain of Homer. Which as I went to graduation parties everyone seemed to notice. So I was trying to hide Homer.

It seems no matter where I go, I have a hard time fitting in. I am too liberal for Montana, but too conservative for the staff at my church in Colorado. I am getting too old for a lot of the video games and trends that go around, but too young to embrace frumpiness, although I can do tacky well.

Oh well.

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever really fit somewhere. Then I wonder if I will ever really want to.

5 comments:

Don Tate II said...

Well, join the crowd. Who fits in where? I mean, anytime I've really wanted to fit in somewhere, I've always been glad to have not fit in in the end

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

I think Michelle and Don Tate II are right on! Flaunt Homer with pride!

Oricon Ailin said...

Dude, are you SURE we aren't fraternal twins separated at birth. Do you know how much I can relate to how you feel???

rubyslipperlady said...

Clint, you know I love ya, and yes, you can do tacky with the best of us!

Friar Tuck said...

O Amy, what a compliment coming from the Queen of Corn

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...