Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Another poem

The room
its spinning
I know I was supposed to say
something
but I open my mouth
and hear
foriegn words
on my tongue

My feet
try to stand
strong
like roots
of a strong oak tree
but
my hands shake
my toes taop
my vocal chords
fail me
like a violin
being played as strings break

Inside
of me
waves crest
winds swirl
like I am in the eye
of a great storm
I try to keep
my eyes focused
so they do not swim
all over the room

She's smart
she's kind
she's beautiful
I'm sunk

10 comments:

MZPEACH said...

I've read it twicw already and I LOVE IT. I really love it Friar. You are very talented. Again I love it!

MZPEACH said...

Yeah, I love it..lol.

The Gig said...

I like the poem and you express yourself well. Have a blessed evening.

Erin said...

...so, who is she?? You had me right till the end. I thought it was going in a totally different direction lol!

So, who is she?? :)

Superstar Nic said...

Wow, how do you come up with these? Its very nice!

Yeah, who is she? :-)

feels good b n FREE said...

wow..nice

rubyslipperlady said...

Yea, I thought it was heading elsewhere but had a thought this was where it would end, knowing you, your friar you.

Watched Robin Hood the other day and thought of you.

Gretchen said...

Your poem says it all. It's good.

San Nakji said...

I admire someone who can write a good poem. You have done two! Well done good sir!

Friar Tuck said...

The woman?

Why it is almost every woman!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...