Friday, April 07, 2006

Smiles and Swaggers in a Las Vegas Airport

This bliss of the wireless age is upon us folks, and I am reaping the temptations and rewards.

This week, I clicked on my computer and discovered that there were several wireless networks were available to me. Some of them are secured, but I have been told that the Springs is a test site for city wide wireless systems like we have with cell phones. Nevertheless, I am not having to buy a coffee at Panera everytime I want a wireless fix anymore.

Also, I have discovered that nearly every airport has free wireless internet as well. So...I am sitting next to my gate puttering away on my computer listening to tracy chapman and dfavid allen coe.

I am surprised how friendly people are here. After flirting with the change gal while I dropped $7 dollars on video poker, I decided to quit while I was behind. As I walked down the hall in the airport I noticed a strange phenomenon. At every plug in were people also sitting on the floor with their computers. Some working hard, some playing around, and I suppose some might even blogging. Got in some good conversations about how many bars were available with the connection, and found my own place behind the desk for my gate.

I am thinking i could handle vegas again.

2 comments:

San Nakji said...

I loved my time in Vegas, although it is just not the same during the day. Wireless internet sounds so great. One day it will hit New Zealand I guess. But first we have to work on the wheel!

rubyslipperlady said...

Vegas is much more than the airport, and IMO not worth another visit.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...