Saturday, April 01, 2006

Disappointment and Disallusionment


This poster epitomizes how I feel today. There seems to be nothing I can do right.

It has been like that the last two weeks. Had my identity stolen because I was a stupid moron. Had my car break down with over 300 dollars in repairs that were necessary. (uhhhm...put it on the card sir!) Last weekend's attendance at youth group and EDGE were both miserable. Led a meeting that can be described as nothing more than a total disaster on Tuesday. Bored people to tears in Bible Study on Wednesday (thank goodness hardly anybody attended that either).

Then I signed on with a spot on "my space" to have another point of connection with the kids. This has not been all that encouraging either. One person talked about how she was being forced to church, another person has lots of foul language liberally sprayed all over his sight, and the third person I know with a spot from our youth refuses to allow me to see her space. Then a couple of 14 year olds decided to sneak out and take their parent's car joyriding all over the city, and one of the key kids in youth group said he can't make it for a major event this weekend because he has to be at soccer practice. At least the first person clarified that she felt that way her first Sunday, and feels much better about things now. So even with the small group of students I have, I am getting nowhere.

Nevermind that I am single, (another failure in my mind), I am in debt (with the IRS needing its stuff by April 15), I don't have any friends here in Colorado Springs, and other than liking the way I rearranged the furniture in the house, there is not much happy going on with me.

That, along with increased work responsibilities, has made it hard to show up here and write interesting stuff as often.

Sorry for whining.



8 comments:

The Gig said...

Wow, Clint -- sorry about your week. We all have to whine from time to time. If we call ourselves your friends, we don't mind listening. It sounds as though everything is hitting you all at once. When I get that way, I begin to try and count my blessings. It may seem at times that things are pretty bleak in all areas of our lives, but we are really blessed. I hope and pray that it gets better. Never underestimate yourself. Wait on the Lord and he will come through.

Bstermyster said...

You know what, Teens are hard. just meet them where they are at. It is hard to do at times but give it time and I bet they start to trust you. Hook them up with some DOF. but keep at it will get better.

I don't know anyone in CO,... well actually I do, but I don't know where they are. Anyway, you are not alone, I feel like I suck a lot of the time but then I pick up my Bible and read it or PUT SOME DAY OF FIRE on (lol) and Jam. Music is a great tool to get you out of a funk.

Debt, well the key to that is a budget, it isn't always perfect but it is a great tool. Larry Burkett's book Debt Free Living is awesome. It comes with an easy to use CD to help you set one up. Debt seems to be a way of life for a lot of people but it can be managed even if you think it can't.

Erin said...

Clint- Really sorry things have been so crappy.

Lots I could say, but I'll pray for you instead. You've been very encouraging to me this week... it's tough when you're pouring out, and it feels like nothing is coming back.

Thank you...

Drea Inspired said...

"It be's like that sometimes."

That's all I can say. Sometimes things just suck, but don't allow yourself to sulk too much. Have your moment and get right back in the game, dear.

I'm sorry that things have been not so great. Keep on trucking anyway! Blessings!

Dreaming again said...

To quote some wise person ;) who left a comment on my site a few days ago "Sorry you are having such a rough go of it."

If it's any consolation ... Colorado wasn't my favorite place to live either!

I'm not a youth volunteer, but I'm the mom all the kids think is the 'cool mom' so I have access to all the kids' xanga's and my space's ... what I read on there is heartbreaking and shocking! I wonder if they're even listening to what they've been taught for the last 8 years that I've known them. Some are doing fantastic ..but others ? I know the homes they're being raised in, and it's not coming from home, it's being taught in church ... so why? Because of choices they're making.

You're in my prayers Friar Tuck. What's more, you're in God's palm.

San Nakji said...

I think the furniture thing is awesome. It is so hard for me to be happy with whatever arrangement we have.

As for being single. Yeah, it can suck, but it can also be quite liberating. Don't tell Mrs SN, but sometimes I just dream of the free and easy life of a single! Don't worry about such things (easy for me to say I know), I find they take care of themselves.

Brea said...

Nothing wrong with whining - get it all off your chest and then get to work. You are smart, you'll make the changes necessary to set your life in the right direction. Just take some of the advice you've given me this past year and I think everything will be just fine. Hope things get better soon!

Oricon Ailin said...

I am very sorry that things seem so down and bad right now. You are not the only one struggling with "absent" youth at church. We have been dealing with it too. It's a shame. Church just isn't "cool" anymore. It's hard to appeal to them, no matter what you try.

As for all the other things going on. Have faith, don't give in to the negative things. Just remember, you can't truly appreciate what a good week is until you've experienced a really bad one. Sometimes God throws these little wrenches into our lives to make us stop and appreciate what we DO have.

Put your faith and trust in Him, and somehow, it will all work out. I know you know this, but sometimes you have to hear it from others to remember it. (And that goes for ALL of us.) *smiles and hugs*

I'll put you at the top of my prayers for this coming week. I know that prayers works, and I know He'll be there to help you.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...