Thursday, January 24, 2008

Memory

Memories are fickle things.

Normally I have a good memory. I remember things people say well. I remember important moments and events. I remember things I read. Once I have driven somewhere once, I can usually remember how to get there again. I could drive you right to my grandma's house from when I was in grade school, or any house I ever lived in. I have about everything in Jennifer and I's first four dates memorized.

Yet there are times where my memory is awful. For instance, if anyone schedules something with me on a Sunday morning or evening, or a Wednesday night with work, I will probably forget that appointment.

Also, I have a hard time remembering where I put things.

Memories are fickle things. What do you remember well? What do you find hard to remember?

4 comments:

SUPER said...

I remember ALL of my friends phone numbers from elementary school, the funny sayings my granpa used to say to me as a kid (ie-"Hold on to your britches, we're turning!"), the way certain people and places smell, what I was wearing on specific days of my life.
I don't remember conversations I had 5 minutes ago, what I had for lunch, if I took my medicine, if I locked the door, and sometimes...where I'm driving too!!
Insane.

rubyslipperlady said...

i apparently remember things that have never happened

reliv4life said...

I am not really a detail person, so I tend not to remember any facts and figures type things. And if it is not written down in my day planner, it will not happen, even if it is a regular thing. Like last wednesday we skipped my youngest's German class...it was not written down, even though we go every wed at 4pm...well most, if they are written down! I remember vividly people and how they make me feel, good or bad. I also get lots of memory triggers by smells. Interesting thoughts Tuck!

seethroughfaith said...

I spend A LOT OF time each week looking for my mobile phone and keys :)

Sunday morning or evening, or a Wednesday night with work .. sounds like those are God times and you shouldn't make appointments then.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...