Friday, April 18, 2008

Call me Mara For... OR Barack says I need a gun because...

I am angry and bitter today.

I woke up and was ready to go to work and made a quick check of my email. Guess what? Those processing my car payment made a typographical error for 2,700 (3000 dollars instead of 300). So, my account was overdrawn by well over 1000 dollars, and all I got from my banker and the biller (also a bank) was..."we will get research on this and it should be corrected in 2 to 5 BUSINESS DAYS".

I would ask, "Do you see the check in front of you?"

"Yes the banker would say, it is clearly for $300. But there is nothing we can do until it goes through our 2-5 business day research process."

"What do I do for money until then?" I asked

"I really feel bad for you. I don't know what you can do. I am sure it will be resolved to your satisfaction in 2-5 business days?" the representative retorted.

I asked to speak to a supervisor. She began to yell at me, "LISTEN...she said as she started off on a rant why it was not CHASE banks' fault, but COMPASS Banks."

I call Compass Bank. "We have no record of a payment yet. But go to your bank, send us a fax, and we can get it resolved in 3-5 business days." What?

After hours of calling I went to the branch I use most to get a copy of the check to fax to the car payment bank. Finally, after working half a day for resolution she said, "Well this will be easy to take care of...I will just get you provisional credit until the whole thing is resolved. It is clear this is a mistake we need to take responsibilty for, not you."

Thank God (I mean that literally) for the person at my local branch, or I may have just lost it.

I am thankful for the local customer service person, but I am still angry. I am bitter because I have to do the work to resolve my bank's mistake, and my creditor's mistake. I am angry because I am at the mercy of people like this, and they can really deal with me however they want to.

ARGHHHH.

CHASE IS THE ANTICHRIST.

2 comments:

Nick Northrop said...

I have heard nothing but bad news about Chase and Money magizine rates it quite low. Rebekah (my wife) got into a spot where she had only $10 to $20 dollars in her Chase account a few years back they slapped us with fees because she was below her mininam balance of $20 so then she was overdrawn but didn't have the money to bring her balance up for 30 days by the time we were done paying fees I think we spent $130.

Currently I use 113 Credit Union because I Know some of the board members in the IBEW and I always keep a second account at another bank (Academy Bank) in case of the sintuation you are discribing. I try to keep $1000 handy as an emergency fund divided in half between the two banks. Ofcourse we bought a car 4 weeks ago and I've been laid off since Febuary but the first thing on my to pay list when things pick up in May is to repace that fund even before paying more than the min and Credit Cards. We have Lived in Colorado for 5 years away from all family and help. So that emergency fund has saved us a countless number of times and each time we replace it. I would like to have more than 1000 but feel paying other dept and investing are more important at this time.

reliv4life said...

oh my goodness, I would be angry about this for sure! Glad someone helped you for now, but isn't it pathetic what it took for that to happen?

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...