Sunday, April 13, 2008

Family Prayer Needs

After years of battling mental health and substance abuse issues, my mother's cousin lost his fight with those illnesses Saturday night while being involved with this incident. I did not know him well, but my great aunt and uncle are dear to me, and they are having a difficult time at the moment. My great aunt is in the hospital with chest pains, and the family is very worried about her as well.

My grandmother (aunt of the deceased) is wanting to come home to be with the family, but my grandfather is in need of a liver transplant in the very near future at their winter home in Florida and needs full-time care.

Needless to say my extended family needs a lot of prayer at the moment.

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. My prayers are with your Aunt and Uncle.

rubyslipperlady said...

I am so sorry, Clint. I am praying for you all and will pass this to my folks.

Erin said...

So sorry, Clint.
Pausing to pray...

reliv4life said...

I too will pray for them. Seems like death is always hard, but harder when surrounded by traumatic circumstances. You are in our prayers here.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...