Sunday, April 06, 2008

List of Interviews

Because church people read this blog, I have not said so much about some of the churches I have looked at in the process of feeling called to Fowler. Because I think this is kind of interesting, I thought I would share with you all of the churches I interviewed with to get through the process to the point I am at now.

First Baptist Church of Santa Ana CA--this spring
Lake Avenue Baptist (Pueblo)--this spring
Church in Niles, MI--talked a lot with chair of committee this spring
First Baptist Church of Redlands, CA--last winter
First Baptist Church of Belleville, KS--last winter
First Baptist Church of Fairbury NE--last winter
First Baptist Church of Alpena, MI--candiated last fall
First Baptist Church of Pontiac IL--last fall
First Baptist Emporia KS--summer 2007
Kittitas Community Church, Kittitas WA--last spring
Church in Upstate New York--fall 2006
First Baptist Canon City--fall 2006
First Baptist Church of North Platte, NE--summer 2006

A few of these churches turned me down. I turned a few opportunities down. Some were kind of mutual experiences.

Discovering a new call is very difficult work. It is a long journey.

Now comes the next few steps as we trust God has led us to Fowler

2 comments:

Heather said...

God has many wonderful things in store for you. Just remember...

"Help me to remember, Lord, that nothing's going to happen today that you and I can't handle together."

God be with you and Jen. *HUGS*

Friar Tuck said...

When I came to Hot Springs...

First Baptist, Eureka MT
Church in Ohio
First Baptist Corning NY
United Churches...

but it was a fairly quick process

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...