Thursday, April 03, 2008

Quotes from Jan Karon's "A Continual Feast"

Love must be as much of a light as it is a flame--Thoreau

To love at all is to be vulnerable--C.S. Lewis

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it up and put it back in your pocket--Will Rogers

The best way out is always through--Robert Frost

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I would spend six hours sharpening my ax--Abraham Lincoln

There is no worse robber than a bad book--Italian proverb

Faith is not belief without proof, it is trust without reservation--Elton Trueblood

What is the hardest task in the world? To think.--Emerson

A real book is not one that we read, but one that reads us--WH Auden

2 comments:

reliv4life said...

great quotes! I had to really think about a book reading me, but I get it now. Love too many of them to pick one out, all so random, yet relevant!!

Tabitha-n-AK said...

I love c.s. lewis

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...